The lesson of the gifted bird...
- Think your house/apartment is the ugliest ever?
- See DIY projects by others that make you feel like a klutz?
- Worry that you are the most disorganized person in the world?
- Spend inordinate amounts of time rearranging your tabletops?
- Sometimes eat off of paper plates and would die if someone found out?
- Shop too much looking for the perfect item for somewhere in your home?
- Become discontented with what you do have very quickly?
- Imagine life would be way better if you only had (fill in the blank) ________?
- Wish your house was bigger, brighter, cleaner, or a different color?
If you answered yes to more than 3 questions, you may have a raging case of "house envy."
Celebrate who you are and how you live. Be grateful for the lovely things you have. Remember that "things" don't bring happiness.
And most of all remember:
If only the most gifted bird sang,
the forest would be a quiet place.