Tuesday, February 1, 2011

About that book I just bought and something I didn't "need"...

but acquired anyway.

De-cluttering continues but last week I hauled something into the house I really didn't "need", but wanted.  Sigh!

After buying myself a "much needed" large glass cloche (often called a bell jar), I spotted this little item at the thrift store. No, not the cute little figurine.  That was my mothers from the time I was an itty bitty girl.  The glass thingy that may or may not have been some kind of candle holder or something.  I have no idea.



Hmmmmmm.  If that had a knob on top it would be a cute little cloche.

It sure wasn't expensive...


Now what do I have for a knob.  Oh, I know.  I have a bunch of vintage glass drawer pulls. There's a bit of rust from the screw that needs to be cleaned out from this one and it will be perfect. 



I usually use silicone glue for this sort of thing but while cruising the glue section I found this...

After gluing the knob on top of the glass thingy, the plan calls for filling the center hole with tiny little glass beads and gluing a pearl or something on top.

I'll be showing you the finished product in a few days and letting you know how the glue works (I'm not locking myself into promising a "next day" post because it never works out and than I feel bad.)

About the book from yesterday "The Spiritual Art of Being Organized"

While it's a nice book with good advice there are ones on the market that I think are much better.  Now I may be saying this because I've probably read every book on organization and clutter control known to man, so it's pretty hard to have something new to say to me.

 My number one recommendation would be:  


For more nuts and bolts get this book - it's excellent...


and this book:



4 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looking forward to seeing how your cloche turns out. Love the idea of using the glass knob.
Have never used that glue, so looking forward to your review. I learned the hard way about gorilla glue - it expands as it dries. I have a project stuffed away as I have not figured out how to cure the problem. :(

Susan said...

Cool Adrienne. I especially like the your Mom's little girl figure under the cloche. Susan

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Well this is a wonderful solution hope we get to see the results. I am not familiar with that glue...what wonderful possibilities.

BODECI body said...

I just gave away glass knobs like the one shown! Darn.