Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy, busy, busy and some Linky Love

This time of the year is my busiest season.  Today I'll (finally) finish planting the last of 45 or so shrubs.  I still have five pots to plant after completing about 20, which includes the hanging ones. 

I've been moving along on my creation of a "lower" patio next to the deck.  It's an area designed to be reminiscent of an enclosed French or Italian garden. 

So what did I do yesterday?  Headed to Fred Meyer and bought a whole bunch more stuff to plant.  I'm crazy!  I'll get busy with some pics of the current work.  Here's some from the beginning of tulip season.




Not to Miss: 

I LOVE good homemade onion soup.  Diann over at The Thrifty Groove has the best post ever on French Onion Soup.  Oh my - pictures, history, recipes, and a give-away.  Thanks, Diann...

Susan, over at Writing Straight From the Heart has some beautiful pictures of her lilaces.  She asks if we have lilacs where we live.  Why yes, I do.  I am the proud caretaker for about 150 lilac bushes.  Do you think I like lilacs?  

An excellent guest post from Amanda over at The Shabby Chic Cottage - On Balanced Blogging


Annnnnnnnnnnnd...Gina (The Shabby Chic Cottage)  is having an Etsy Sale.  Yahoo!


Have a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing them. Sounds like you have been busy.

Susan said...

Adrienne! 150 lilac bushes!!! OMG! Your entire house and acreage must smell divine. Ohhhh, I miss your blogging but now I see how busy you are! Keep us posted photographically and thanks for the mention of my blog! Sincerely, Susan

MightyMom said...

ooooooo tulips!!!

sorry did you say something??


oooooooooooooooooo tulips!!!

me wantz.