Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter Fun


Making do with what you have...

I looked around the house for a few things to put on my buffet for Easter.  Currently residing in the bedroom was my large hand-painted ceramic bunny, so I put her on the buffet.


I thought she needed something special to wear for Easter.  I found the perfect vintage rhinestone necklace in my jewelry box and loaned it to her.


But a bunny without eggs to deliver is pretty sad.  I planned on using the display vase I made, but my favorite compote bowl beckoned to me.  It came with a flower arrangement my Mother sent me when I was 17 years old.  That was 47 years ago  -  eeeeeeeek!


After building a nest with Spanish moss some eggs were needed.  While cruising Walgreens yesterday I spied these really cute little eggs made out of sparkly rubber ball material.  You know how I am about shiny objects!   Price?  Two for a dollar.  OK - the budget can handle that.


My motto?  Simple, fast, and inexpensive...

5 comments:

belinda said...

Adrienne, why couldn't you use your little lambs that you use for your Christmas tree? They do seem to have a duel purpose which is the best kind of stuff to have.

Susan said...

Lovely, Adrienne. Just lovely! Especially liked the rhinestones around bunny's neck. Hey, by the way, which pink bunny of mine did you like? Let me know. Sincerely, Susan

Adrienne said...

Belinda - that's a really cool idea! Except it will have to wait till next year. The lambs (poodles in my world) are packed in our steamer trunk which has a two ton TV, VCR, and antenna box thingy for digital on top. It's a nightmare to move it all with the cords, etc. Hubby would only tolerate that once per year. Soooooooooooo, next year, I'll leave them out.

Adrienne said...

Susan - be right there to point it out...

MightyMom said...

Walgreens had those? I gotta go get some. don't you jsut KNOW my hooligans will go nuts over rubber balls shaped like Easter eggs! It's almost time for this bunny to start filling some baskets isn't it?