Thursday, January 28, 2010


 Don't forget to head over to The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday 

and...


My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

A Dollar Store Display Vase

The Dollar Store just stocked these cool glass vases.  I grabbed an ordinary candle holder (the shorter one.)
A bit of clear silicone glue...
An exercise in patience.  Twenty four hours to dry...
Voila!  A really chic display vase. I have filled with ribbon.  This summer I will probably put my shells in there. Endless possibilities... 


It's large enough to make a statement
 
Different items can be used for the base. Cherubs would be nice. 

I'm going to make a few more to be filled with special things for gifts. Candy, shells for my friend who has a nautical theme in her bedroom,  embroidery thread for the sewer on your list, baby stuff for a shower.

Head over to The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday...

20 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

It looks great! I keep seeing these all over blogland, I really need to make one too.

Susan said...

Good idea, Adrienne. Read on another blog that museum wax, available in Bed, Bath,and Beyond, can also be used to "glue" things together and there's no long waiting time. Check it out. Have a peaceful evening. Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

Susan - I saw that over at My Romantic Home and will look into it. I'm wondering how much weight it would hold. For instance - this vase would be fairly heavy filled with shells.

Adrienne said...

DD - Just keep your eyes peeled for a neat vase shape. They had a good one at WalMart but it was waaaaaaay over my budget at about $3.00 - heh

Gramma 2 Many said...

I paid BIG bucks for something similar at a House Party type show. It is stored away in a cupboard. Suppose since I paid Big bucks, I should get it out and use it. Was going to fill it with Christmas balls but did not decorate for Christmas this year.

Adrienne said...

Gramma - been there, done that! I have a candle warmer thingy I got from PartyLite. It was outrageous (about $25.00.) They have the same type of thing at WalMart for $3.99. Arrrrrgh

Get that thing out and fill it up with whatever.

Melly said...

What a fabulous idea!!
I have been spending sometime visiting your blog and its just wonderful and inspiring. Thank you!
Melly:)

MightyMom said...

very cool, but it looks top heavy.

A Hint of Home said...

Thanks for a great idea! It turned out wonderfully.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Great idea! Looks fabulous!

Blessings,
Sandi

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a great idea! I think it is time for me to visit GW and get some clear glass items and create a few of these.

Thank you for sharing it with us!

~ Tracy

Denise Marie said...

love it!

joyh82 said...

Wow how clever and pretty too! Have a great weekend.

Adrienne said...

Melly - thank you for visiting. I get all my ideas from seeing the ideas of everyone else. Sparks the old imagination...

Adrienne said...

Mighty Mom - I sure wouldn't use it to display a bowling ball. heh

Adrienne said...

Sandi - I have all of you to thank for making me open my eyes and see things differently...

Adrienne said...

Ms Bake-it (love your online name) I just keep my eyes peeled for neat stuff that doesn't cost much.

Adrienne said...

Denise Marie and Joy - blushing....thank you!

Diann said...

Wonderfuly simple project! Now I am going tohave to go through all my little treasures and see what I can whip up! LOL

Adrienne said...

Diann - I'm sure you'll find something...heh