Friday, November 19, 2010

First Snow

Yesterday we had our first snow but it melted poste haste.  It is lingering on the "mountain" behind our house and made for a pretty picture.  We gauge the weather by what's happening on that big hill.

Click to "embiggun"
While the folks living up there may have a nice view (when they're not engulfed in clouds), they also have a much longer winter.  I prefer being a "prairie dweller."

Winter for those of us that live where it gets cold is a great time to sit by the...


 sip on this...



and peruse a great art book (this is one of my favorites)





or even make our own art...



or write in our journal...






or sew something pretty...



We can eat our dinner by the fireplace...


We can even nap...


Have a wonderful weekend...


3 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I don't even want to think about snow. I could go all Winter without snow and/or ice.
Enjoy your weekend. Love the picture of the kitty. :)

Susan said...

Oh Adrienne, that was such a cute post. At first I thought the fireplace was yours...then I realized you were using photos. Great job! Keep warm and cozy. I'm SO GRATEFUL for a set of incredibly warm sheets given to us by one of my sisters-in-law. Come cold weather, on they go. Fabulously toasty. Susan

BODECI body said...

You make winter seem almost enjoyable. I think I needed an attitude adjustment!