Monday, November 2, 2009

Trailing Fuschias

About every two or three years I buy a trailing Fuschia at Costco. They get in gorgeous, huge Fuschia for an extremely low price. I'm too cheap thrifty to buy one every year. Usually I just pitch them out at the end of summer, but this year I decided to "over-winter" my plant in the house.

I have the perfect place in the bathroom (right nest to the toidy meaning I can pluck off dead leaves when I'm using the "facility") - such a time saver!

This year's Fuschia is called Lena.


Here it's planted in a wonderful urn, giving me a great idea for a container planting.


Fuschias come in such glorious colors.  This is one of my favorites. If my plant does well this winter I'm going to find one of these.

The pink and corals are pretty, too





 
This one is beyond words....
 


 My guy all cut back...I'm going to root around in the barn for a basket to stick him in. Nothing I can do about the hanger 'cause it's permanent.



But look what's he's doing...






Heidi over at Heart and Home has some beautiful pink Fuschias she posted about...


 

 Saturday I went to my favorite home town store, My Favorite Things.  I'm still sorting through the pictures and will post them (hopefully) tomorrow. Met some lovely ladies, too! (Hi, Jo and Christina)


Tonight we're going to see Steve Martin at the beautifully renovated art deco Fox Theater in downtown Spokane, WA

Downtown Spokane at night...



Fun pics of Spokane...


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank you sooo much for stopping by my blog!!!

William is a cutie, huh? I'll keep him for a while, but thank you for wanting to keep him...
That made me laugh... I needed that.

Austringer said...

Fuschias always take me in....I'm such a chump. I sez to myself, hey, they really aren't THAT messy, and so what if they are? Just look at those flowers! But I always end up regretting the mess.

I guess the answer is to put them in areas where the mess doesn't matter. I guess that's obvious, but somehow this obvious solution has escaped me. I like the idea of putting them in pots instead of just in hanging baskets.

MightyMom said...

I don't think I ever knew what they were called.

I don't think they do well outdoors here and I have no safe place for indoor plants..sigh.